Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Robin Reed Jewelry Artist

This month has been full of surprises, and this one is wonderful, Robin Reed, of Artistry:Handcrafted Bead Designs has blessed me with an interview!

Displaying IMG_20161014_224653517_HDR.jpgI have to say, I had given up on having any interviews after the halfway mark of the month, but Robin Reed came in for some help! I appreciate her very much, it has been a tough month, and I understand how busy everyone is... I totally understand not participating. I really understand with working two jobs right now, a son in Band competition, going to finals, and a couple of dogs that believe I have left them alone for way too long! I

 have been writing at the encouragement of others, to whom I send out thank you notes from my heart. It has been a wonderful sisterhood of writers that have kept me going.  

I have known Robin for a while now, I got to know her work through Bead Soup, which is a Blog party for jewelry artists.. I saw a piece she had designed and made and was intrigued.

Robin Reed is a happily married mom of two and grandmother to a teenager. She lives in Northern Indiana, about 30 miles South of where Notre Dame is located.


Robin started making handmade crafts back in 1982, and has been creating jewelry for the past 9 years. She says that she received a shell necklace for her birthday that year and that a light-bulb went off in her head...

Since then, she and her daughter, Melody,  have been making beautiful jewelry, all one of a kind pieces. Robin is self-taught, and makes a number of styles. together with her daughter, they make Boho, Gothic and SteamPunk, but some of the designs are very elegant as well.

Each piece of jewelry is assembled by hand with some of the components made by hand, Each is individual and unique. Some of the materials that are used are Copper, leather, sari silk, crystals, stones, paper, gears, chains and even buttons.  She says her favorite material right now is Sari Silk.

Robin says that what really sparked her interest is "pretty jewelry". She wanted to create one of a kind designs that were well-made, affordable, and unique. I think she has done it.

I asked her if she had any tips for new jewelry makers, ad she answered with some pretty good tips
1. You have to start to go on...
2. Only do it if you love it!
3. Learn, learn, learn. Not just design but the business side, too!
4. Don't do what everybody else does... Unless you do it better.
5. Don't undersell yourself. You really are worth it!
6. Pick the medium, design, and shows that are compatible with what you want to do.

She says that she will go home after a 12 hour day and make jewelry, that it has her heart!

Most of her sales outlets are art shows in her general area,


Pinterest - Willowdragon57

Instagram- Willowdragon57

Amazon- Amazon.com/handmade/artistryhcbd

Website:  artistryhcbd.indiemade.com


Displaying IMG_20161014_223332224_HDR.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit, please leave ma message if you enjoyed this post.