Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Types of Jewelry part 3: Pedants, a Quick Look

Today is the 4th of October... and this is the fourth installment of writing about jewelry. It is going to be short today, I promise.
Yesterday, I began with Brooches, etc...when I realized there was quite enough information on one post, I realized  I didn't quite have time or room for the military symbols that are worn on lapels, hats, etc. This is something that is very fascinating and I don't want to do disservice to the subject, so I'll schedule the rest of it for later in the month, when I have time and space to do justice to an estimable subject.

Today, I wanted to touch on pendants. It really is going to be short. Pendants will be the subject off and on all month, so it's just a matter of clarifying what a pendant is.

A pendant is an ornament that is hung, usually from a chain around the neck or from a wire through the ear...

Pendant comes from Latin pendere, and french pendre... both mean to hang or to hang down.

Amulet
Locket
Talisman
Medallion
Pendilia
USB drive - Yes, this is a thing now.
Awards
ID
These are some of the types of pendants that we will look at this month.


Pendants can be made of any material. Shell, stone, wood, acrylic, vinyl, metal, glass. There is no limit in the imagination.

the left are pendants made from glass, glass beads, fossil stone, metal enameled, metal with stones set into it, and etched or engraved metal. 













These are rustic metal, different types of metal, steel, brass, copper, red brass

Some fun pendants: The zodiac, two Eastern symbol pendants, an Egyptian style, and a triangle with inlay
The Royal Scots ... more on this one later on this month!

I hope you enjoyed these few images. It is going to be a fun month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit, please leave ma message if you enjoyed this post.