Sunday, October 9, 2016

Body Jewelry

Body Jewelry... not something you think about often is it?  Most of us don't think about wearing something that will cover much of our body... maybe a large necklace... but how about a necklace from neck to navel? 
How about a bracelet that connects to your finger... or a hair comb that connects to your earring then to your nosering? Our guest tomorrow, Desiree Rager Cook,  shows that you can wear a necklace that covers more than just your neck, maybe your shoulder and back as well?




Or a necklace/belt combination?  I watched a lot of wedding videos while I was writing about Eastern jewelry, and so many of the Indian brides wear stunning, large, necklaces... but what really intrigued me was the chains and gems that are worn that attach from hair to ear to necklace...


Watching one bride have her jewelry applied... or attached if you will... made me think how difficult it would be to turn your head... or if someone came up to give you a hug and got their hair-sprayed coif caught in your beads... ouch! bye bye ear.

As a teen, I was enamored with slave bracelets. They were very exotic to me, and I had no idea of the reason they were called by that name. I'm still not sure, since they are not shackled to anything but your ring finger and your wrist... but I am sure there is a reason.

I suppose the belt/necklace is of the same idea...

Not a good example of body  jewelry
If you love jewelry, you will probably love the idea of wearing a huge necklace. Many times, large statement necklaces are not as out of place as people would think. The oversized jewelry can fit in with jeans as well as formal wear if it is chosen wisely.

A solid color such as a large gold or silver necklace would be wearable with jeans and a tshirt as well as a nice black dress.  Many people like bright colors as well to wear with casual wear. It is a matter of taste and no set rules as what can be worn. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit, please leave ma message if you enjoyed this post.